May 10, 2022
In episode 106 Jill and Chris discuss the importance of protein
in the diet, especially for women over 50. They offer12 different
ways to get more protein in your diet.
- When doing meal planning first figure out the proteins, then
adjust for the veggies.
- Precook protein in a crockpot so you have a lot available ahead
of time. Refrigerate to add to other meals.
- Precook quinoa when doing meal prep. Easy to sneak it into
soups, salad, other meals. 20 grams of protein per serving
- If you are avoiding dairy use plant protein soy- based proteins
like tofu tempeh lentils and beans
- When making a vegetable salad add in chickpeas
kidney beans black beans quinoa even tuna
- Add sardines to your fish choices. Sardines make a great
addition to tuna salad here is another recipe for sardines
- When you sit down to eat, start with eating your protein
- Add Greek yogurt to your breakfast routine or dessert. Fage
Greek yogurt 0% milkfat has 20 grams of protein in a serving
- Consider breakfast with eggs instead of cereal
- Use protein powder in smoothies Orgain is available on Amazon
or at Costco with many choices of flavors. Great for smoothies
adding into coffee as a creamer.
- Protein bars dash keep them handy for when you might miss a
meal link to episode #38
- Try this protein oatmeal ball recipe
Go to https://www.becomingelli.com for