Feb 12, 2019
In Podcast # 27, Jill McCauslin and Chris Brown interview Melanie Jatsek, a registered dietitian nutritionist who broke free from the dieting trap.
Melanie holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Dietetics from the
University of Akron and is the author of three books, including
Missing Peace - Eleven Secrets to Restore Inner Harmony with Your
Food, Body, and Health. She also created the Healthy YOU program.
Melanie is passionate about helping people transform their
relationship with food.
During this podcast we discuss:
Melanie reveals some secrets for helping your body to crave
healthy foods like:
• “Your body gets full off of nutrients, not calories.”
• “The body craves what you’re feeding it the most.”
• “The bacteria in your gut is what is craving food.” Bad bacteria crave sweets and highly processed foods. Good bacteria crave whole foods.
• “Low Fat and Fat Free – when we restrict fat we are always hungry, but we know better now.”
• “Good dietary fat actually helps you to burn fat.”
During this podcast you will learn why she roasts her veggies with avocado oil instead of olive oil, how she trained her body to crave raw vegetables, and how she avoids hidden sugars in food like peanut butter and chocolate.
She helps people develop a healthy relationship with food and talks about:
• The balance of good-for-you foods with a sprinkle of fun foods
• The outdated guidelines of 12 servings of grains and pasta a day.
• The effect of heavy servings of carbohydrates makes on your body (easier to produce insulin, gain weight and store fat.)
Melanie feels that no food is forbidden and believes that you will crave what you feed your body.
To connect with Melanie, visit her website: www.melaniejatsek.com or her Facebook Page: Healthy You.